HELP WITH YOUR ACCOUNT
This section provides help with common questions about registering, logging into, and accessing your account.
Registering with Oxford Living Dictionaries
If you are a new subscriber, you will need to register with Oxford Dictionaries to access your account.
Registration is free – you will just need an email address.
- You can use your email address as your username.
- Your username needs to be unique – if another user has already used the name, you will not be able to use it.
- Once you have created your account, your username cannot be changed.
Creating a password
- If you are a new subscriber, you will need to create a password. You can change your password on your account page.
To protect your Oxford Dictionaries content from unauthorized access, we recommend that you use a strong password.
- A strong password is at least 7 characters long, with a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, symbols, and numbers, and doesn’t contain your name or complete dictionary words.
- We recommend that you use a different password for your Oxford account from the one you use for your other online accounts (for example online shopping, banking, or PayPal).
If you’ve forgotten your password, you will be able to reset it here. (https://sso.oxforddictionaries.com/users/password/new)
Help with logging in
Click ‘login’ at the top of the homepage or log in here by typing in your username and password. If you are not yet registered on the site, you will see a link where you can do so.
I’ve forgotten my password / my password doesn’t work
Your password is case-sensitive, so check that you haven’t got CAPS LOCK on. If you’ve forgotten your password, you will be able to reset it here. When you click the link, you will need to enter the email address for your account, and a password reset link will be emailed to you. If you don’t receive an email within a few minutes, check your junk or spam mail folder.
More login help
If you are still unable to log in, please contact us.
Imibono nolunye ulwazi okuqukethwe kokuthunyelwe kwe-OxfordWords nokuphawuliwe akubonisi imibono nendlela yokubona okuthile kwe-Oxford University Press.